Go to top of page
Close
 
Close
Back
ROS Top

Discarded Fireworks Cause Garage Fire

Discarded Fireworks Cause Garage Fire

« Back
Message Menu
Author Photo by: SpringTXDotCom Active Indicator LED Icon Site Admin
~ 2 weeks, 3 days ago   Jul 05 2019, 11:39am 
 
Forum Image
 
According to reports from HCFMO, on July 3, at approximately 11:50 p.m., the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office was requested to assist Klein Fire Department with a residential fire in the 6500 block of Kodes Clay Ct. Investigators determined the fire started in the garage due to improper disposal of fireworks.
 
"We cannot stress enough the importance of proper disposal of used fireworks," said Harris County Fire Marshal Laurie L. Christensen. "Used fireworks should be soaked in water and placed in a location far away from your home, such as the curb of the street. By doing this, reignition of the fireworks is greatly reduced."
 
Interviews conducted by investigators determined the homeowner placed used fireworks in a trash can on top of cardboard materials inside the garage. The fireworks reignited, causing the house fire. The Harris County Fire Marshal's Office recommends soaking all used fireworks with water, before disposal.
 
www.hcfmo.net
 
What are your thoughts? Log in or sign up to comment
ROS Top




SPONSORED:
Steddy Plumbing Logo Window World Logo 1314 Boat and RV Storage Logo Agape Garage Doors, LLC Logo G & C Hydraulics, LLC Logo The Framestead Group Logo Truwin - Windows, Doors & Siding  Logo Creative Window Designs Logo Made Ya Smile Dental Logo Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning And Electrical Logo
Sponsor an Ad »



See more of SpringTX.com by logging in
Your online community neighborhood for Spring-area residents.
Kosmin Media